Sunday, June 20, 2010

Unveiling

I didn't quite meet my entire deadline, but I think I'll reveal the table/chair redo as it sits now.  Due to the uncooperative weather we've had this week I haven't started on the table, but I have finished our chairs.
Remember our beautifully outdated table and chairs from my previous post?



Well, a few coats of paint later and some new fabric seat covers we have....





Here's where I need your help. What color should I paint the table?
The fabric has a variety of colors in it.


I need a color that will look good with the blue & orange chairs, but I don't want it too bold. So, no red!  Do you think I should go with off-white, yellow, brown?  Help me!

Oh yeah, I do have another spare chair that I'm going to finish with a lime green color.

I went to an auction this weekend and got these beauties for $1!
I'm going to cover both of them with the extra blue dot fabric I have and paint them green.

The auction was a bargain hunter's paradise. Due to the rain on Saturday there was a terrible turnout, which actually worked in my favor.  For the grand total of $31 I got 3 dressers, the 2 chairs above, a pair of binoculars, and an awesome rocker that has been added to my project list!

 

It's covered in paint, but I think I'll either strip it down to the wood or (if the details are too difficult to strip) I'll coat it with a fresh coat of paint.

P.S. In case you were wondering, we kept one of the dressers and the other two went to my brother and my mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I read your blog occasionally! I guess I found it through facebook? Oh, and I think yellow or brown would look good for the table.: )
Jennie Schechter

Dana said...

I like yellow although this is a lttle late i coming. Amazing what you are doing with your sewing talent! Love it all.