Saturday, September 19, 2009

This, that, and the other

We've had a full week. Monday was Kennedy's first day of dance class. We drove to Norton, KS (which is about 30 minutes west) to a dance studio since there isn't one in Pburg. She's learning tap and ballet in class. See her cute outfit! Judah had his 4 month well-baby check up on Monday. I now know why it's getting so hard for me to carry him in his carseat. Besides the fact that I haven't lifted weights in a while, he weighs 17lbs now! When you add that to the carseat weight, it's quite the load.
I didn't work on too many crafts this week, but I did dabble in some re-fashioning. I bought this boys denim shirt at a thrift shop last week for 25 cents. I took some fabric I had at home and refashioned it into a dress for Kennedy. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted and will be too big for her until next year, but it's a start.
(Before)

(After)

Today was our first Saturday in Phillipsburg since we first moved here. I started off the morning by hitting up some yard sales with my neighbor. After that we decided to go check out the Kirwin Reservoir, which is about a 20 minute drive from Pburg. The weather was PERFECT! We got there and I let Kennedy sit on my lap in the front seat as we watched some swans on the lake. She thought it was pretty cool and spent most of the time admiring herself in the mirror!

This is a view of the lake. It was such a nice place, but was VERY secluded. Not another soul in sight.


You probably can't tell, but the two whie specks in the lake are swans. This wildlife reservoir is a hotspot for migratory fowl, apparently. We saw several different types of birds.


The last scenic stop at the reservoir was Prairie Dog Town. There was a little gravel trail that led to a couple of benches where you could set and watch the prairie dogs play. We saw a few, but not a ton of them b/c I think it was their napping time. Since we didn't see many "baby squirrels" as Kennedy called them, we decided to test out the self-timer on the camera and take a couple of family pics. Here are a few of our favorite.




Oh yeah, in case any of you are wondering...we are now taking reservations for Hotel Beach. We have several vacancies open, so if you don't mind the drive and are looking for a nice floor to sleep on...come on out!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. I'm impressed with the french braids. I can't do anything like that with Lexi's hair. Lexi started dance this Fall too, and they are so stinking cute.

Joseph and Amber said...

Hey!! GREAT family photos!! Joseph and I were just talking about coming out to see you guys sometime! We actually have a specific date in mind, which I can't think of right now... I'll get back to you on that, but we're looking to fill one of the vacancies soon!! It's towards the beginning of November.
I really liked the photo of you and Ken. :)

megan {homemade ginger} said...

nice pictures! judah is getting so big and adorable! he's catching up to lula in weight. :) so cute that kennedy is doing dance. I'm glad you could find a place that isn't too far away!