Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Fun!!

This weekend we had no plans, so we decided that we better go ahead and have a Fall Fun weekend before the weather got any colder.

On Saturday we went to a little farm outside of Hays. It was definitely nothing compared to the Red Barn Farm that we went to in Weston last year, but it did the trick. We rode a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and each picked out a pumpkin to carve.

I'm not sure why Kennedy was making such cheesy faces yesterday, but every time I took her picture she hammed it up!


This morning Kennedy decided that she wanted to pick out the outfits that she and Judah would wear to church. She picked their Elmo shirts! Of course, Judah had to have a blow out in his before we even left for church, so we had to do a wardrobe change, but at least I got a picture of them before the incident.


Last night I decided to try to knock some of the things off of my "to do" list. This photo collage was the first up on the list. I had about a million pictures of Kennedy from the time she was just a couple months old, through the pictures we had taken in August. There's no way I could frame all of them, so I made a Kennedy collage to display them all. I just took a white art canvas and attached the pictures to that.

Today after church and lunch we decided to go ahead and carve our pumpkins since the weather was so awesome. We got some printable templates online. Kennedy picked out a dog for me. A skeleton for Kenneth. And a mean face for hers. Judah's pumpkin was too small to carve! We normally wouldn't have chosen the mean face or skeleton, but for some reason she REALLY wanted those designs. I was thinking a cat and mouse would go well with the dog, but she didn't agree!
Here's my dog...

And Kennedy's mean face...

And Kenneth's skeleton...


Here's our pumpkin family. Now that they're on the front steps we'll see how long it is before some brats try to smash them. Hopefully they survive the next 2 weeks!


No comments: