Sunday, November 8, 2009

Playhouse project!

Yesterday we had absolutely no plans, so I decided to work on the next project on my "to do" list. I was hoping to be able to make this playhouse for Kennedy for Christmas, but then I realized that there was no way that I was going to be able to make it and keep it a surprise. We don't have anyone out here to watch the kids on the weekends and that's the only time I can really work on projects. SO, I made it anyway. This playhouse is make entirely out of felt and it slips over our kitchen table.

The first side is the front door. The flowers in the windowbox have stems and can be "picked". The window opens to the inside of the house. The door opens as well. The mailbox flap opens up so that you can deliver letters.


This is the back side. It's the garden. The carrots, lettuce leaves and apples are all attached by velcro, so she can pick fresh produce from her garden to make dinner!
The narrow side is the doghouse. This flap lifts up and is big enough for Kennedy to use.

This last side is the rest of the tree. Ken had the idea of adding the bird nest and the chicks. I added the squirrel climbing up the tree to get the chicks!



So, there you have it. Now I have to make 2 more (different designs) before Christmas for gifts!










2 comments:

lgraves said...

ooohhh pick me :) how do you know what size to make them since everyones table is different? did you use a pattern? you are so creative!!!

Lani said...

That is so neat! Leyton was looking at the pictures with me saying, "I want to get in that mommy!" I think we need to visit sometime! :)