Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving

So I'm a little delayed in my posts! The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind to say the least. In a nutshell, we spent 5 action-packed days in Atchison celebrating Thanksgiving with family, spent a week in Phillipsburg with a very sick baby boy and mama, and then the kids and I spent the last 9 days in Atchison due to a nasty snow storm. I'll try to catch up in a few posts.

For Thanksgiving we went back "home" to Atchison. We spent Thanksgiving day with nearly 50 members of the Scott family. For the first time in several years, EVERYONE (that's all 4 generations worth of family) made it to Grandma's house. We had an awesome time. We ate Thanksgiving lunch, then fastforwarded a month and celebrated Christmas early with a gift exchange. We do this because it's the only time of year that everyone is together at the same time.

That afternoon we went out to Grandma Frannie's house to visit with the Kramer family...and of course we browsed the Black Friday ads to scout out the deals that we wanted to scoop up the next day!

On Friday, I got up at 4:45a.m. to start my shopping festivities. Cousins Sarah, Jessica, and Liz (and her boyfriend Nate) joined me for the trip to KC. We were home before 1:00 with a van full of goodies. I'd say we all had a successful trip.

The rest of the day was just as action packed. We: ate Lopez, watched Blindside, went bowling, and then some of the gang played cards at Grandma Scott's house. It was sad to see everyone leave on Saturday, but it was also nice because we got a day to catch our breath. Let's just say that I did not envy the Sisson's or Brandt's as they spent the day in the car!

Thanksgiving 2009 was definitely one for the memory book. Some of my favorite pics are below...

Grandma Frannie snuggling with Judah


Will got an extra special gift! This monkey has been making its rounds in our family for the past couple of years!


Kennedy is adoring her Little Mermaid Barbie. Can't you see the love?


This is the Scott family! I believe the final head count was 49...anyone have an updated total?




What a cutie!


Yummy...pie! This is just a portion of the number of pies we had at our fingertips.




1st and 2nd generation. Grandma Scott with her kiddos.




2nd, 3rd and 4th generation. The Larry Scott crew.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What a fun time. I enjoyed it thoroughly.