Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"God's trying to heal me!"

Last weekend was a whole new level of fun!! On Friday I found a discount coupon for a hotel in Hays, which is about an hour from here. For more than a week Kennedy has been asking us to go swimming, but there aren't any indoor pools around this area, so we haven't been able to take her. So, when I saw the 50% off discount and realized that I could book a room for $35 at the Ramada that has not only an indoor pool, but also a cool waterslide, I made our reservation.

When we picked up Kennedy from her babysitter's house and told her that we were going to stay at a hotel with a waterslide, she was so excited! She kept jupming around and ran into her room as soon as we got home to pack her bag!

While we made the hour drive to Hays the kids slept in the van. Before we checked into the hotel we decided to get a bite to eat. Kennedy kept saying that she wasn't hungry, but Ken and I assumed it was b/c she was too excited about the pool to eat, so we didn't think much of it. Then, right in the middle of dinner, Kennedy quietly leaned over to Ken and said, "My tummy hurts", then proceeded to throw up in his lap right in the middle of the restaurant! It was SOOO disgusting. It was also her first time to throw up, so she was pretty confused about what was going on.

We got the mess cleaned up and decided that we probably should just go home, but Kennedy was devestated and assured us that she felt better. We decided to take our chances and hope that it was just a fluke, so we checked into the Ramada.

The whole fam, Judah included, spent about an hour at the pool. It was so nice because there was only one other family there, so it was almost like we had the place to ourselves.

It wasn't 5 minutes after we returned to the room and got the kiddos ready for bed that Kennedy threw up again. This time we knew we couldn't stay. No one wants to be sick away from home. So, we packed up our stuff and checked OUT of the hotel less than 2 hours after we checked in!

Luckily that was the last of the sickness. We took it easy the rest of the weekend. Ken and I had moments of nausea, but for the most part we were all fine the rest of the time.

On Sunday we visited an Assembly of God church. This was our third time visiting this particular church. The adult sermon, as well as the children's church lesson, was about healing. Ken and I didn't agree with some of the things the pastor was preaching upstairs, and we later discovered that Kennedy felt the same about the lesson she learned downstairs!

I piecked Kennedy up from her classroom and the teacher said, "You come back now, OK?". To which Kennedy politely replied, "No, I don't want to." That was a shock and kind of embarrassing. As we were walking to the van Kennedy all of the sudden said, "Mom, I was trying to come up to the big church with you. I'm not going back to that kids' church. The were trying to tell me that God was trying to heal me!" I was dying of laughter inside. I'm trying to stick to the basics of Christianity with her, you know...prayer, God's love, how to treat others, salvation, etc. I guess now I'll have to figure out a way to explain spiritual gifts on a level that a 3 year old can understand!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Church hunting no fun. We are in the procees also but I think we may have a few more to chose from than you. Love your blogs. I think I may need to get that video workout series for Steve and I. We are trying to get in shape too. I love the Kennedy stories.