Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Haircut

Kennedy is 3 1/2 years old and until yesterday had never had her hair cut, or even trimmed! I love her long hair and have waited this long to cut it because I was so afraid that she would be interested in the idea and try to do it herself and end up with an incident like her cousins Addie and Bailey! They both gave themselves haircuts that took a while to grow out!

So, after taking several minutes to explain that ONLY adults cut hair and hiding every pair of scissors in our house, I decided to take the plunge. Her hair was still hanging onto about 2-3 inches of curl at the bottom that was becoming a tangled nightmare. I don't think that she'll try to cut her own hair because I scared the living daylights out of her by saying that "If kids try to cut their own hair they will have a head that looks like Grandpa's!" (I'm sure you're appreciate that Dad!)

Here's the progress we made. I only cut off the dead ends, so probably only 2 inches or so. It doesn't look much different. She did lose the curl (sniff, sniff), but it is SOOO much easier to curl. Definitely a good choice.


Taking the plunge!!!


Does she look frightened?!


Almost done...




The finished product!

1 comment:

Dana said...

So So Cute. I love the "look like grandpa" story. That is a doosey!