Monday, April 19, 2010

When you wish upon a star!



After two days in San Diego (see previous post) we headed north. For 2 months we had kept Disneyland a secret from Kennedy, so the night before the big day we told her the news. We didn't get as big of a reaction as I expected, but I think that was only because she didn't really understand what Disneyland was! We'd never really talked about it with her before.

Ken, his sister Carla, and I walked around Disney land with 5 kids for more than 10 hours and the girls didn't complain a single time. I couldn't believe it. They were such great sports. They didn't complain about waiting in line, they didn't ask us to buy them anything, they were just great the whole time, which made for a great experience.

One of our first stops that morning was the carosel. I was surprised how enthusiastic the girls were about riding the carosel. I mean, they are pretty standard at any carnival or mall these days, but they all were immediately drawn to it.



One thing that I was surprised to find out during our Disneyland visit was how many rides that Judah could ride. In the two areas of the park that we spent most of our day there was only 1 ride that had a height limit. The rest of the rides were fun for the whole family! It was really nice because I had expected that we would be taking a lot of turns waiting, but that wasn't the case.

No trip to any of the Disney parks would be complete without a ride in the teacups. I think that we rode these 3 times by the end of the day. And, as Kennedy says, we weren't too "bizzy"!





One of the neatest parts of the trip was seeing all of the characters. Although this was my first visit to any Disney park, I had just as much fun watching Kennedy experience the magic as she did! We bought each of the girls an autograph book and pen. They carried those around the entire day, waiting in line for each of the characters to sign their books.

The first character we ran into was Pluto. He greeted us as we walked into the park.



Of course, no trip to Disney would be complete without giving Mickey a hug! The line for Mickey was the best. You didn't even know you were standing in line because the "line" snaked through Mickey's fun house. Along the way there were a ton of things for the kids to feel, touch, and climb on. In reality we probably waited for 30-45 minutes, but it only felt like 10-15 because most of the time we were exploring!



Would you believe it that we waited in line for an hour to see Snow White, Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Cinderella? Well, we did! The crazy thing is that after we did it, Kennedy wanted to get back in line and do it again! So, she and I did just that while the rest of the group went on some rides.

For some reason it was nearly impossible to get Kennedy to smile in any of the pictures with the Princesses. She was in awe of them, but was SO shy that she clammed up!

Jasmine


Cinderella


Aurora


Snow White


When Kenendy saw Rafiki from The Lion King she was so excited. She actually gave him a hug and he kissed her hand!


Although she's never seen Peter Pan, that didn't stop Kennedy from grabbing Peter and Wendy's signature. I better put that movie on our "must see" list!


We had a great trip. It went by way too fast, but hopefully we'll be able to make Disney a destination for years to come.

No comments: