By the time 5:00 rolled around today I was ready to get out of the house. I had been working in the living room since 8:00 and was tired of looking at the same 4 walls. So, we all decided to check out the city pool. We all changed into our swimsuits, Judah included, and made the 1/2 mile drive to the pool. Kennedy was very impressed with the "my size cool". That's what she called the baby pool. I don't know what it is, but for the past year or so, she's always called pools "cools". Funny!
Kennedy and I played in the baby pool for about an hour while Judah napped in his carseat and Ken watched Ty (our nephew) brave the diving board. It was a pretty fun time.
When we got back to the casa, we feasted on taco salad and then did the usual routine of baths, dishes, etc. One new thing we got to try tonight was a video chat on Skype. Ken's laptop has a webcam built in, so we created a Skype account. Once my mom got her account all set up we "called" them. Kennedy was fascinated with watching her grandparents on the screen. I even think Judah was really interested in what was going on. Before the call he had just fallen asleep, but when he heard grandma's voice, he woke up to see where she was!
Now both kids are in dream land and I'm headed that way soon. This weekend we will load up the wagon and head to Hays for supplies! You may think I'm kidding, but sadly I'm not. The closest Wal-mart is an hour away, so we're headed that way on Saturday to stock up for the week ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Kerry!! My oh my, it's been FOREVER! We always say we're not going to let this happen, but somehow, time flies and we don't get a chance to catch up. I'm glad to hear things are going well, and I'll definitely be reading to stay up with the happenings in your life. Take care and talk soon!!
Post a Comment