Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kennedy is 3!!!

Kennedy turned 3 years old this weekend! She had been waiting all summer for her "bolth-day pot-y" so you can imagine her excitement when she woke up Friday morning and I told her that we were headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house that afternoon. As soon as school was finished for Ken we headed east. I don't know who was more excited, but we were just DYING to get there. We did pass a few sunflower fields along the way that were just beautiful, so I had to stop and snap a quick picture.



As we drove down highway 7 and got closer to Atchison Kennedy started recognizing landmarks. When we were about a mile from their house Kennedy said, "We're almost to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm SOOO EXCITED!" I thought she was about to jump out of her skin!


You can't even tell that she's happy to be with her best bud, can you?!

Saturday was Kennedy's party. She had tons of great family and friends come to help celebrate her birthday. It was an awesome day...perfect weather and great company. She was so excited to see every one and LOVED all of the gifts that she received.

Kennedy is a little bit obsessed with the movie Annie. She would watch it every day if we let her. For her birthday, Ken and I got her an Annie dress, tap shoes, a locket, and the soundtrack to the Annie movie. My parents got Kennedy a CD player with 2 microphones, so now we can have Annie karaoke parties at our house! Isn't she a doll in the outfit. Who wants to guess what she'll be for halloween?



There were a couple of really special ladies who missed us as much as my Mom and Dad. Both of my grandmas were able to come to the party. Doesn't Judah look so cuddly with Grandma Scott and Grandma Frannie?

Kennedy got 2 cakes for her party. The Dora cake is a miniature 2-4 person cake, but we made it stretch to feed about 8 kiddos! It was popular! The Ice Age cake was also a hit. I was so glad that we didn't have a bunch of cake left over!

Kennedy loved it when every one sang Happy Birthday to her.


Now for the best part! My parents rented a Moon Bounce for the party. It was a hit with all of the guests...I even got in and burned some calories! I think we could have played all day in that thing. The nicest part was that it was big enough for all of the kids, plus several adults to get in it at the same time.


And, I'll end on a funny note. My dad played dress up with the kids and let them try on his boots. Don't they look hilarious?


The weekend was great and we were very sad to leave home and head back to Phillipsburg. Even Ken wanted to stay in Atchison. We just love everyone there so much and are so thankful for all of our friends and family.
(P.S. Feel free to leave comments you guys. I have no idea who reads this, but it would be fun to know!)

4 comments:

Derek Scott said...

Judah in the boots is going to be a hit for years to come.

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a great party! Happy birthday to Kennedy! We are having a blast with our 3-year-old and I'm sure you are too.

Amanda

lgraves said...

adorable family ... with an adorable 3 year old!

Dana said...

Love, love, love your blogs. I get on them at least once a week. Made tears come to my eyes to see all the family. I know exactly how you feel about being away. I have felt it for 22 years. Of course, I love being here with my family, but I so miss out on everything in Atchison. Glad you got to go back for Kennedy's bday.Dana