Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We survived the weekend!

Last weekend was our first full weekend in Phillipsburg. Since we're new and don't know anyone here we decided that our best bet would be to get out of the house and see what everyone does on a Friday night. I wish I could say that we found the answer, but we had no luck!

Friday evening we ate dinner at "The Bakery" in town. You would think that they'd be pretty busy seeing as it was a Friday night and it is pretty much the only place open in the evenings, but that was not the case. Besides us, there were only 2 other groups in the whole restaurant...and this was at 6:00! After that we drove to the park since it was a beautiful night. The town looked like a ghost town...not a soul in sight. We were the only people at the park too. It was kind of eerie...maybe everyone leaves town on the weekends!

That night we were all kind of pooped from our week of unpacking. I think we were all in bed by 9:30...that's the earliest I've been to sleep in YEARS people!

We drove to Hays, which is an hour away, on Saturday morning to take our nephew Ty to the airport. He had been with us for almost 2 weeks, and it was time for him to go back to Colorado. After we saw him off, we went to Wal-mart to stock up on groceries for the week. We also got the kids' pictures taken while we were in town since we didn't have any professional photos of Judah yet.

On Sunday we visited a church in town. As soon as we stepped in the doors we were both hit with a huge feeling of home sickness. We miss The Edge so badly. It's going to be a struggle to find a church that will even come close to filling that void.

That afternoon Ken worked on school stuff while I started the first of many projects. I sewed a cute pair of baby shoes for Judah, some headbands for Kennedy, and some party favors for her birthday party. I've already gotten quite a bit of use out of the sewing machine my parents' gave me for my birthday.

This week has been a lot more laidback that we are used to. Ken has been busy with school work, and I've been trying to find things to do with the kids. Yesterday I met our neighbor, who has a son Kennedy's age, and a 1 year old daughter.

I'm going to try to take some video of Judah and post it this week. He is starting to coo and "talk" a LOT more now and it is so cute. Hopefully I can get that done soon.

1 comment:

Marty and Beth said...

there is a church 10 miles east of pburg just outside of Agra that you might enjoy, not sure what the Edge was like, but see what you think :)